Thursday 3 September 2015

6 and 7/90 - Kenpo and Rest Day

If any of you follow me on Instagram you know how difficult it was for me to do my workout last night!  This blog is the real shiznit … talking about the real problems we face trying to regain our spirits and our bodies.

For some more real talk… my rheumatologist's office called two days ago to advise me that my potassium levels were dangerously low.  I am on medication and being closely monitored to ensure the levels pick up.  As an autoimmune disease warrior I suffer with fatigue on a regular basis but in the last couple of weeks my family and I have noted that it seemed worse.  I attributed it to forcing a new schedule and was certain time and commitment would fix it.  I may now be able to point the finger to the potassium!  This is great news because I am hoping that it will go away once my levels regulate.

All that to say, my energy levels have been suffering and I did NOT want to go downstairs and kill that workout last night!

I started off discouraged and looking like this:


But once I pushed play, turned on my tunes and focused I ended up looking like this:


The shirt came off after the warm up!!  It was too hot and restricting for Kenpo.  By the time I was doing the punches, front kick, behind kick series I was dizzy~~  but I kept going and burned some grizzle as a result!

After my workout my lil boy asked me to read him his story and I could not think of a better way to cool down… so that is just what I did.  Love his snuggles!!  We are reading about Greek Gods … Zeus is a 10 year old in this novel and so is that smiling cutie beside me.  He is loving the series.



One last share today… I am transforming my garage into my home gym.  I am hoping that the space will be cooler than my current gym and my son wants to take over the large room downstairs as his bedroom.  It is a win-win as far as I can tell.  I am so excited to see the paint going on the walls and the space opening up … I can't wait to get in there and have a good sweat session.



As for the schedule … day 8 starts today!  Chest and Back and ARX… stay tuned… maybe even some progress pics from week 1 to week 2 :P  

Make it a great day everyone and make it count!!




No comments:

Post a Comment